Site Edits With Elementor Headers and Footers

• Site Edits With Elementor Headers and Footers

Posted by Jay on September 28, 2022 at 10:18 am

Footers on each page… we would like portfolio, about us, testimonials, and contact us to link to the corresponding page.

– Also on footers… the email address opens a new message but it doesn’t send. Can we have it send an email to info at domain.com? Is it possible to link FB & Insta to our social pages?

– On the contact page… Submit form doesn’t go anywhere. Can we have it send an email to iinfo at domain.com? And can we make the address under ’email us’ clickable to open a new message also?

James replied 4 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • 5e0ad00f88d1f bpthumb -

James

September 28, 2022 at 11:30 pm
    gamipress icon accept - 343 Site Points
    gamipress icon star - 0 Experience Points

There are a couple ways working with Headers and Footers on the sites we normally build. If you are using a theme like WPAstra and one of their starter sites which I think you are @annette then the customizer is the way to do it.

If you are using BuddyBoss or the Elementor page builder normally the Elementor Theme Builder is used to create a custom header or footer.

• profile avatar buddyboss 50 -

annette

September 29, 2022 at 12:09 am
    gamipress icon accept - 0 Site Points

Yes using WPAstra for headers and footers…

James

September 29, 2022 at 11:28 am

Astra uses widgets and widget blocks for creating footers and headers. I made changes at https://vibrantart.ca so take a look. I have a video being added to go over how these were done.

These are gutenberg widgets in the footer. The footer can display any of these. So if you have a menu added as a widget like you did, you have to edit the menu links for them to work.

Video coming 🙂

• 1b2676c66876f58b5e89191583ce119c?s=80&r=g&d=mm -

Jay

Administrator
    September 29, 2022 at 10:12 pm
    gamipress icon accept - 208 Site Points

This is a rough video that might help 🙂. Opens on vimeo – same tab make sure to open in new tab when clicking on this link.

https://vimeo.com/755364542

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by 1b2676c66876f58b5e89191583ce119c?s=14&r=g&d=mm - Jay.

James

September 29, 2022 at 10:18 pm

@annette I’ll do up a better video and add it as a tutorial in the site. But this quick video should get you started. If you have questions or need clarificaation just ask!👍

WPGrow